Honda HR-V Maintenance Schedule
The Honda HR-V maintenance schedule is handled a little differently than drivers around Los Angeles, Baldwin Park, Pasadena, and Pomona might be used to. Now the Honda HR-V features a clever maintenance minder system built into the vehicle’s internal computer.
Using sophisticated sensors, the Honda HR-V determines when and what service is needed, notifying the driver via codes on the multi-information display (MID).
In this guide provided by Norm Reeves Honda Superstore in West Covina, we’ll explain what these maintenance minder codes mean so you have a better idea of what’s going on with your vehicle.
Honda HR-V Maintenance Main Items
The first set of maintenance minder codes are categorized as maintenance main items and represented by the symbols A and B on the MID. It’s important to remember that regardless of what the maintenance minder indicates, the brake fluid in your Honda HR-V should be replaced every three years and the idle speed should be inspected every 160,000 miles.
Now let’s look at those maintenance main items:
Code A maintenance items Replace the engine oil.
Code B maintenance items
- Replace the engine oil.
- Replace the engine oil air filter.
- Inspect the front and rear brakes, including the brake pads, calipers, brake linings, and brake discs.
- Inspect the tie-rod ends and steering gearbox.
- Inspect the suspension system and driveshaft boots.
- Check all fluid levels, refilling when needed.
- Inspect fuel lines and the exhaust system.
Honda HR-V Maintenance Subitems
The maintenance subitems for your Honda HR-V may accompany the main items. The numbers 1 through 6 represent them. Let’s take a look at them now:
- Code 1 maintenance items Rotate tires, check air pressure, and inspect tire condition.
- Code 2 maintenance items Replace the air cleaner elements. Replace the dust and pollen filter.
- Code 3 maintenance items Replace the transmission fluid.
- Code 4 maintenance items Replace the spark plugs.
- Code 5 maintenance items Replace the engine coolant.
- Code 6 maintenance items Replace the rear differential fluid.
Does Your Honda HR-V Need Service?
If you see one of these maintenance minder symbols on your MID, then it’s time to schedule a visit to the service department at an authorized Honda dealership. It’s important to go to an authorized dealer like Norm Reeves Honda Superstore in West Covina because our technicians are Honda certified. That means they’ll know exactly what kind of service your vehicle needs and will use the manufacturer-recommended parts and fluids to do it.
If you live in the Los Angeles, Baldwin Park, Pasadena, or Pomona area, you can schedule a service appointment online at the Norm Reeves Honda Superstore in West Covina. If you have any questions about the Honda HR-V maintenance schedule, contact our service department.
For example, there’s the available Blind Spot Information System, which alerts you to other vehicles detected in your blind spot. If you signal to merge right, the Honda LaneWatch™ feature sends a live video feed to the van’s i-MID screen, giving you a view of the right lane nearly four times greater than if you used the passenger-side mirror.
Other safety features include a rearview camera with guidelines, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Electronic Brake Distribution, and an anti-lock braking system.